~*~Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? ~*~ Matthew 6:26

January 14, 2011

~ Valentine- Home Sweet Home Make-Do..~

My first Creation of 2011....
~*~*~*~*~SOLD~*~*~*~*~
Whooo Hoooo!!
This was pretty fun to make!
I changed it up a bit compared to the pattern!
Which I LOVE doing...
Making it my own!

This Make-Do Measures 19 inches tall!
And is 14 1/2 inches wide from tail to tail!
It's base is an old funky brass candle holder
with rusty wire, bells and a brown linen bow!!
The little birds are sewn on top of the heart
but I did have to hot glue the Spanish moss
around them..
I hate hot glue, but it was a MUST!
Yikes!

Both the Birds and the Heart is made out of Muslin that

I have painted, sanded and stained!!

The inside of the heart is an OLD quilt....

That has been all stitched on around the edge!!
The little Banner reads "Valentine"!
It is all hand stitched on!!
I have included another one that you can
replace when Love Day is over
that reads "Home Sweet Home"
It is pinned on with lil' rusty safety pins!!



~*~*~*~ SOLD~*~*~*~
Price: 45.00 with Shipping
BE Mine...
Please Comment below if you'd like to give this
little goodie a new Home!!
Paypal and Personal Checks Accepted!
~Click on pictures to see a bigger picture!~
Thank you!!






2 Wonderful Comments:

Unknown said...

This is too cute! My first thought was to get this as a gift for someone but think it would look good in my home.

Sam I Am said...

love it..so primitively wonderful :)